McLeod Ganj Bir Billing
2 Nights / 3 Days
Mcleond Ganj is the place where India meets Tibet. When travelers talk of heading up to Dharamshala (to see the Dalai Lama), this is where they mean. Three kilometers north of Dharamshala town (or 10km via the looping bus route), McLeod Ganj is the residence of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama and home to a large Tibetan population, including many monks and nuns. The Tibetan government-in-exile is based just downhill at Gangchen Kyishong. McLeod attracts thousands of international visitors each year to volunteer with the Tibetan community, take courses in Buddhism, meditation or yoga, trek in the Dhauladhar mountains, shop for Tibetan crafts, or just hang out and enjoy the low-budget spiritual/ alternative vibe and the many good cages and restaurants dishing up Ingo-Italo-Israeli-Tibetan food.
The village of Bir (elevation: 1400m), located in the Kangra district of Himanchal Pradesh India, is international famous as the base for some of the best paragliding in the world. The take-off point at Billing, 14km up a winding road from Bir and 1000m higher, hosts major competitive flying events most years in October or November (including a round of the Paragliding World Cup in 2015). Experienced paragliders fly as far as Dharamshala, Mandi and Manali from here.
Bir is also an important center of the Tibetan exile community: the lower half of the village is known as Tibetan Colony and there are several Buddhist monasteries and institutes in and around Bir, some of which attract numbers of foreigners for courses and retreats.
- Start from Delhi by evening 6:30 pm.
- Pit stop for dinner at any decent roadside hotel.
- Reach McLeod Ganj next day morning.
- Reach McLeod Ganj by morning.
- Check in at our resort and after having breakfast and some leisure, head out for the local sightseeing of Mcleod Ganj.
- Visit the very famous Namgyal Monastery, Bhagsu waterfall and Bhagsunath temple.
- Spend your evening at the local market of McLeod Ganj, chilling around in the local cafes, trying different Tibetan cuisine.
- Come back to resort by evening, dinner and sleep overnight.
- After having breakfast head for Bir.
- Reach Bir by afternoon and enjoy your lunch at the paragliding landing site at Bir.
- After having Lunch at Bir, start your journey to Billing.
- Reach Billing by evening and enjoy the beautiful sunset in the Mountains.
- Dinner at Bonfire and overnight camping at Billing under sky studded with stars.
- Wake up early morning and after having breakfast set yourself up for the FLY of your Life.
- Reach Bir by afternoon & explore the local village.
- By evening head back to Delhi with some amazing trip memories.
- Reach Delhi next day morning.
Double Occupancy : INR 8,999/- per head
Triple Occupancy : INR 8,499/- per head
Confirm your seat by depositing and advance amount of INR 3000/- per head and the rest can be paid 2 days prior to the trip.
Bank Account Details
Account No. :
IFSC Code :
Account Type : Current
- AC transfer from Delhi to McLeod Ganj & Bir to Delhi.
- Local transfer from McLeod Ganj to Bir.
- 5 meals will be provided throughout the trip. 1 Dinner & Breakfast at McLeod Ganj, 1 Lunch at Bir on the day of arrival, 1 Dinner and Breakfast at Billing.
- Accommodation for 1 night in hotel at McLeod Ganj and 1 night camping on double /triple sharing basis along with all the camping gears at Bir.
- Paragliding cost from Billing to Bir.
- Team captain throughout the trip.
- Driver charges and all other taxes are involved.
- Any other Food and Beverage charges that is not include in the package.
- Glider’s tip or charges for Video/photos while paragliding.
- Any other costing involved due to any kind of natural calamity, forced circumstances which are out of our control.
- Cab from Bir to Billing on Day 2 if you don’t go for trek from Bir to Billing.
- Cycle cost for mountain biking at Bir.